Greetings, everyone! So, I’ve decided to take part in #ReadWomen December. This is something I just found out about today, and am very excited about. The gist is that for a month, readers have decided to deck out their reading lists with female authors – some choosing to read female authors only for December, others vowing to include more women writers than they usually read. For more information, the twitter hashtag has been a great resource for me.
So in honor of celebrating women’s voices, I thought I’d share some of my favorite books by female authors, as well as a few books on my own #ReadWomen reading list.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls
My Reading List:
- Fun Home by Alison Bedchel
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey (a reread)
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- The Blondes by Emily Schultz
Are you taking part in #ReadWomen December? What are you reading?